Thursday, February 24, 2011

We Were Matched To Be

Yes, I know that I said we were "matched" to be, instead of we were "meant" to be. Because Ryan and I actually met on Match.com

It was almost exactly a year ago that I decided to join Match.com. I decided to join because I never got asked out by anyone, and I was tired of just meeting the average jo's at the random house parties. So I signed up for a 6 month subscription, and they had a deal where if you followed certain guidlines for those 6 months, and you didn't meet anyone longterm, you would get an extra 6 months for free. So I decided why not.

I talked to a lot of different people, met up with a few of them. Only one of the guys I went on a date with went past the first date. But after about a week and a half, that was over. So I kind of gave up on it, since I was moving to Ohio, and so I just did the minimum in order to get the 6 months free. I'm glad I did.

I hadn't really talked to anyone from ohio, until I received a "wink" from RbeingJ. I remember looking at his profile, and I immediately was in awe by his pictures and his height! Then I read through his bio, and realized we had a lot in common. We began emailing that night, and he wanted to start texting, but I was cramming for a microbiology exam. So I told him I would text him the next day. And I did. We texted for a long time, because I went to California for a volleyball tournament. But we finally met up the first sunday we were back. We met up at a little restaurant, and had lunch. To kill sometime before his beach volleyball game at a bar league, we went to shoot some pool (I'm pretty sure I beat him). I watched him play some volleyball. Neither of us wanted to say goodbye, so we went back to his place and watched the movie "I Love You, Man". We talked pretty much during the entire movie. Our date lasted pretty much 8 hours. I enjoyed every minute. But I wanted  another 8 hours. That is when it all started, and the rest is history.

Later he told me he was also about to give up and cancel his subscription to Match. He had decided that he would browse through people one last time, and if he came up with nothing, that that would be it. That night he found my profile, and winked at me, and I winked back. He emailed me, and I emailed him back. If it would not have been for Match.com, we would have never met.

This is why I think our love formed so fast. We were "Matched" for each other. I think the only thing we didn't have in common out of the 21 categories was our political views. We have so much in common, and looking for exactly the same things. We connected before our first date even happened. I am happy that we met, because Ryan is everything I have been looking for in a guy. I couldn't be happier with him.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment